The EVO Visian ICL is an implantable lens that works with your natural eye to correct your vision. It is designed, produced and distributed by STAAR® Surgical – a market leader in ophthalmology.
Our international Sales and Distribution Centre, located in Nidau, Switzerland, is recruiting a
Medical Affairs Specialist International
Under the guidance and leadership of Sr Dr. International Clinical and Medical Affairs you are responsible for
- Participate in the development of training material and delivers presentations to our customers (internal and external) about STAAR products and educate teams about competition.
- Acquire and maintain ongoing scientific/medical expertise in optics/refractive surgery/ophthalmology by attending major conferences and report about relevant data on ICL and competition.
- Review published literature and provide material for our teams to increase education, awareness and knowledge about ICL and competition.
- Support scientific publications and podium activities. Support KOLs and speakers with relevant up-to-date material, data collection and analysis, graphs, ppts, etc.
- Provide support when required for clinical studies Phase IV: Patient registries, Surveys, Clinical Outcomes, Field Observational study, etc.
- Support product launches with development and dissemination of clinical/medical info and training.
- May provide and/or coordinate response to technical/medical inquiries from customers related to the use of our products, scientific literature, and more complex questions outside the expertise of product specialist.
- Optometrist (with higher degree like master’s in clinical optometry/ophthalmology, visual research, etc). Good understanding of the ocular anatomy/optics and basic surgical options and diseases of the eye.
- Professional Experience in Clinical practice in the field of refractive and cataract surgery for at least 2 years.
- Teaching and/or clinical research experience will be highly valued
- Proficient in English (verbal and written) any in one other additional language is a plus
- Excellent communication skills to adapt to different individuals at all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
If you want to contribute to the Evolution in visual freedom™ and become part of our passionate international team, apply now! A great job experience and career development opportunities in an innovative medical device company is waiting for you!
Inès Wanner Brügger, our International HR Manager, is looking forward to receiving your CV in English by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit us online at: